16 Questions To Ask Your Wedding Planner
Posted in : Articles:
- On : Mar 23, 2015
(updated 28th April 2017)
Choosing a wedding planner can be difficult in Singapore as there are many vendors offering various almost equally attractive packages. Some wedding planning services like Dream Wedding offer a complete suite of services from the wedding gown selection to venue selection, food catering, special requests, etc.
But whichever wedding planning service you’re considering, these 16 questions can help you choose the best one most suited for your situation:
1. Do you have plans or packages suited for my budget?
2. What wedding themes have you done before, and based on my budget and cultural background, what wedding theme can you think of for me?
3. How many full-scale weddings have you planned? When was the last one? What was the grandest wedding you’ve ever planned for and executed and which was the most budget one?
4. How would you rate your problem-solving skills? Can you give examples of challenging situations that occurred during a wedding you had planned for before and how you resolved it?
5. What venues are available to you? Can you get some venues at discounts?
5. Do you offer comprehensive packages or do you have a network of various vendors for various aspects of the wedding?
7. If our intended wedding venue is outdoors, what contingency plan would you have for wet weather?
8. Will you be representing us at all of the vendor meetings and will you assist us in reviewing all of the vendor contracts to make sure everything is organised?
9. Are our choices limited to the vendors you worked with or do we have the freedom to hire anyone even if you haven’t worked with them before?
10. If any complications arise with the vendors during the planning process or even after our wedding, will you handle it or we are solely responsible for it?
11. Will there be a breakdown of cost of how the money is going to be allocated after the budget is given?
12. How will the services be charged? Percentage of your budget, flat rate or hourly?
13. Will there be a downpayment required? When will the final payment be due? After the completion of everything or beforehand?
14. Will there be any fees that aren’t not covered in the package that we should be aware of?
15. What will the refund or cancellation policy be?
16. Will wedding photography be part of the package? What about pre-wedding photoshoots? How many wedding suit sets will be included in the wedding photography sessions?
If you ask these questions, you should be able to get a good gauge of the wedding planner’s professionalism and experience. Have a great wedding day!